How to Use the Alaska APS
If you’re a high school senior in the state of Alaska, you may be eligible for the Alaska APS. To use the scholarship, simply apply to the University of Alaska Anchorage and meet the eligibility criteria. There is no separate application process.
Once you’ve been accepted to the university, your scholarship will be automatically applied to your tuition and fees. You can use it for up to four years of study, as long as you maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
If you have any questions about the Alaska APS, be sure to contact the University of Alaska Anchorage. They will be able to help you determine your eligibility and walk you through the process.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to reduce the cost of your education. Check your eligibility today and get started on your way to college.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
To be eligible for the Alaska Performance Scholarship, you must first meet the following requirements:
1. You must be a resident of Alaska.
2. You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
3. You must be enrolled in an accredited postsecondary educational institution in Alaska.
4. You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
5. You must demonstrate financial need.
6. You must be meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements of your postsecondary institution.
7. You must not have been convicted of a felony drug charge.
8. You must not have defaulted on any state or federal student loans.
9. You must not have been convicted of a felony violation of the ASBOG professional ethics rules.
10. You must be seeking your first undergraduate degree.